Sunday, December 18, 2016

4th Sunday of Advent: Jesus is the Light of the World


When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

Jesus again says I AM using His divine, eternal name again.  How amazing is that!!! Then He says He is the Light.   He shines even when the darkness of this broken world tries to consume, even when our dark sins try to consume, even when no one else is a light in our lives, He will remain bright. 

Not only is He the Light but He offers us an amazing promise.  If we follow Him, then we won't be in darkness anymore.  We will also have the same Light of Life!  I am no longer (for the most part) afraid of the darkness because I know Someone who spoke and Light entered the world (Genesis 1).  Jesus can shine His Light into the dark parts of your life and change you.  Once those parts are in Jesus' Light, then you can truly change.

This promise can only hold IF you follow Jesus.  So we need to make the commitment and actually follow Him.  The promise is so amazing that I don't even want to turn back from Jesus.  I know what it is like to be afraid of the dark (not just physical darkness but that spiritual dark pit I fell into before Him) and I don't need to be afraid anymore because Jesus is always with me.  What parts of your life do you need to bring into the Light? 

After we are all in the new Heaven/Earth, there will be no need for the sun or moon or stars because Jesus and His Glory will shine bright enough to illuminate everything! (Rev 21:23)  Does this truth impact your relationship with Him?  Who in your life may need a little bit of Jesus' light?  The Holy Spirit shines through us, so let Him :)

With His Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment