Thursday, December 15, 2016

19th Day of Advent: Jesus is the Desire of all nations

 Image result for jesus is all i want 
'I will shake all nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory', says the LORD Almighty
Haggai 2:7

Throughout the Bible, I have noticed this theme where people have a desire for God but only on their terms. The Israelites wanted to have God providing for them and saving them from the Egyptians but they wanted luxurious traveling accommodations.  They also want Jesus but they want Him to be a King and Conqueror of the Romans, not of sin and death.  We try to fit God into our lives instead of giving our lives to Him.

Although people desire God, I think they desire more than that.  They desire Peace, Love, and Life.  Jesus is all of that!!  He is our true Desire.  I tell the students that I teach at my bible study that we all have a Jesus-shaped hole in our hearts.  We all know that we are missing something in our hearts and we try to fill it.  When we finally realize that Jesus fits all our desires that is when it starts to click.  

Jesus fulfills our desire of peace because He reconciles us to God, so that we can have a restored relationship and eternal life.  He is Love because He loved us so much that He died for us.  He came to Earth, lived a full life and suffered as the sacrifical lamb for our sins.  He is also life because through belief in Him, we have eternal life.  If we believe all that He says He is, then we become part of God's family.  How amazing!!!  

Have you filled that hole in your heart with Jesus?  I have tried to fill it with many things but now I know only Jesus fits!!  I still need to work on allowing Him that whole space.  Often times I still try to cram other things in their with Him and it never works.  How are all your desires fulfilled by Jesus?

With His Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment