Tuesday, December 20, 2016

24th Day of Advent: Jesus is the Bridegroom

 

"The bride belongs to the bridegroom.  The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice.  That joy is mine, and it is now complete."
John 3:29

This is still one of my favorite artist images when it comes to Jesus.  He is our Lion Bridegroom.  The imagery of the Church as the bride of Christ isn't anything new to me.  However, it wasn't until the song "Even So Come" by Kristian Stanfill that it hit me hard.  Take a minute and check it out if you haven't heard it yet! 

Each one of us is the bride of Jesus, but also collectively as a Church.  He has a personal relationship yet a communal one at the same time.  It is even more meaningful to me in this season of my life as all my friends are marrying.  I want to be Jesus' bride before I can be any man's bride.  I want to see Him as the True Love of my life before anyone else.  I will worship Him only and not my spouse or the desire to be married or love.  This is a truth that I still struggle with applying daily. 

I cannot wait for the day here on Earth where I will get to wear a white dress and walk down the aisle toward a man who is ready to profess his love to me and we will be together forever.  However, that is just a shadow of the day where I will wear white robes signifying my righteousness and purity, walking towards the One who has loved me my whole life and I will spend eternity with Him.  Even if the first day never comes for me, I have the hope that the second one will come no matter what!

Have you ever seen Jesus as the Bridegroom of your life?  Who do you worship or devote all your time to?  How can you take time to worship, the One who longs for your heart?  He is the ultimate Bridegroom, so let us wait for Him!! 

In His Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment