Friday, December 16, 2016

20th Day of Advent: Jesus is Lord



 

"Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:9-11

Hearts eyes all day long!! This is one of my favorite passages in the Bible because I long for this day.  So many days I just wish everyone around me would surrender their lives to Jesus because we would truly have world peace, peace that is everlasting and from Him.  I can't change hearts, only God can.  I can live a life that points to Jesus though.  I can be His light in a world of darkness.  Through His power, I try each day. 

Jesus wasn't just a prophet, teacher or good man who taught us to love each other.  He is the Son of God.  He is Lord of All.  The Truth about Jesus requires a response.  You either stand with Him or against Him.  There is no middle ground.  If you stand with Jesus you will receive Eternal Life and if you stand against Him you will receive eternal punishment. 

When you see that little baby in the manger this week, remember He left all His glory behind in Heaven to come down to Earth and save you.  That's the Christmas message.  Who in your life needs that reminder this Christmas Season?  How can you deeper your relationship with Jesus if you allow Him to be Lord of your life?  He will if you ask Him.  Daily (and some days I forget) to give Him the reigns to allow His work to be shown instead of my own. 

In His Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment