Thursday, December 3, 2015

5th Day of Advent: Jesus is the Bread of Life


"For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heave and gives life to the world...I am the Bread of Life.  Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."
John 6:33, 35
Jesus sustains our life because we have eternal life because of Him!! The Word of God is alive and feeds us when we read the Bible.  How is your soul being feed by Jesus?  Do you rely on Him to fill you instead of food?  I've been trying really hard lately to break my idolatry of my stomach and food and remind myself that "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4).   
I daily confess my sin to the Lord and ask for strength to overcome the desire to overeat or replace worshiping food with worshiping Him.  So this year, Jesus as the Bread of Life is especially important in my praise and worship of Him.  He sustains and satisfies me more than any other food.  And now that I'm gluten free, I truly can't have that great of bread anymore, so I turn to Him :)
What does it mean to you that Jesus is the Bread of Life?
In His Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment