Friday, December 11, 2015

13th Day of Advent: Jesus is the Word

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.....The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us."
John 1:1,14a
Can you believe that we are half way through Advent? Christmas is in two weeks!! I was reminded this morning that I need to keep my focus on the true and real reason we celebrate: Jesus.  God sent Jesus to earth to be born as a human.  He was quite literally The Word of God.  Since He was God, He spoke and preached The Truth without consulting the Bible.
Jesus is usually the one Word that I speak when I am scared or need to readjust my focus.  Just the other night I woke up from a nightmare saying His name and was instantly comforted.  How has Jesus spoken The Word, the living, breathing Truth of God, into your life?  How can you praise Him for being The Word that is eternal, everlasting, and tabernacled with us?
In His Love,
A
  

No comments:

Post a Comment