Tuesday, December 1, 2015

3rd Day of Advent: Jesus is Judge

"And He has given Him authority to judge because He is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice and come out--those how have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.  By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgement is just, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me." 
John 5:27-30
In the Book of Revelation, John gives a glimpse into the throne room of God, as he sees it revealed to Him by Jesus.  God is sitting on the throne and Jesus comes also out of the throne, proving He is God as well but also that He has the authority to judge (Revelation 4-5). 

Jesus is the Gentle and Good Shepherd, but He also has the authority and power to judge all.  He is both love and justice.  How does this duality change your perspective on Jesus?  Do you submit to His authority or do you try to take judging into your own hands (guilty here)?  Repent and give that role over to Him!! Have you thought about the end times and the fact that Jesus is coming back to judge?  How will you change your life because of the certainty of His judgment? (2 Peter 3: 8-18)
In His Love,
A   

No comments:

Post a Comment