Sunday, December 14, 2014

On the 15th day of Advent: Jesus is the Light of the World


When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

Jesus again says I AM using His divine name again.  How amazing is that!!! Then He says He is the Light.  When I was little (and sometimes now) I used to be scared of the dark.  Like so scared in the middle of the night that I wouldn't get up to pee unless my bladder was really about to explode.  I couldn't figure out why I had such bad sleeping habits.  Well my bladder was so full I couldn't sleep!  Finally like last year (no joke) I got up the courage to go to the bathroom if I woke up.  You know why I finally had the courage....JESUS!!  I put my faith into Him.  Every time I am scared I just realize that He is with me.  He is the Light in the darkness.  

Not only is He the Light but He offers us an amazing promise.  If we follow Him, then we won't be in darkness anymore.  We will also have the same Light of Life!  I am no longer (for the most part) afraid of the darkness because I know Someone who spoke and Light entered the world (Genesis 1).  Jesus can shine His Light into the dark parts of your life and change you.  Once those parts are in Jesus' Light, then you can truly change.

This promise can only hold IF you follow Jesus.  So we need to make the commitment and actually follow Him.  The promise is so amazing that I don't even want to turn back from Jesus.  I know what it is like to be afraid of the dark and I don't need to be anymore because Jesus is always with me.  

How does it encourage you that Jesus is the Light of the World?  What parts of your life do you need to bring into the Light?  Will you commit to following Jesus so that you can have the Light of Life?

With His Love,
A


No comments:

Post a Comment