Monday, December 22, 2014

23rd Day of Advent: Jesus is the King of kings

"They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with Him will be His called, chosen and faithful followers."
Revelation 17:14

Last year I started to listen to more Christian based Christmas music.  I found some really great songs that hold the true message of Christmas-Jesus instead of Santa Claus.  Point of Grace is one of the groups that I enjoy listening to.  It wasn't until this year that their song, "One King" really hit me.  The premise of the song is that the there were four kings that night (the Three Wisemen Kings and Jesus):
One king held the frankincense
One king held the myrrh
One king held the purest gold
And one King held the hope of the world
When I heard that last lyric line, it hit me that Jesus was a King even lying in that manger.  He came down from His Heavenly thrown to be with us.  So many contempory Christian Christmas songs carry this message and I love that.  I want to be reminded of the true reason we are celebrating this week.  I may have not gotten it all right this year (my sis and I just remembered that we forgot to get my mom a present) but I want my heart to be right.   

Jesus is the King of all the kings who have ever ruled.  He is the Ultimate King because His Throne is in Heaven.  Just because He is a King doesn't mean that He is not approachable.  He can be King of your heart if you let Him in! 

Have you let Jesus rule over your heart?  It's okay if you are not perfect because He still loves you and will help you along the way towards perfection.  We have the gift of the Bible to be able to read through so many others' stories who have come before us and made mistakes or got things right.  We can use them and most importantly Jesus' life as an example to lead ours.  Just another reason to read your Bible!

With His Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment