Thursday, April 3, 2014

Lasagna Roll Ups

I have been making this recipe for a long time (I think since I was about 12) but I have recently updated it to be healthier!

Makes 12 Roll Ups (6 or more servings, depending on how hungry you are!)

Ingredients:

  • 12 Cooked Lasagna Noodles
  • 1 lb Ground Turkey 93% Lean
  • 1/2 onion
  • 4 cups spinach
  • 1 Jar GOOD tomato sauce
  • 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese (Mozzarella or Italian Blend)
  • 1 egg
  • salt and pepper
Preheat oven at 350 degrees

The meat layer: dice and sauté onion in a skillet and add ground turkey.  Salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each).  Cook until brown and add spinach.  Once the spinach is wilted add about 12 oz or half the jar of tomato sauce ( I used Classico Basil, yumm)

The cheese layer: mix Ricotta, 3/4 cup cheese and egg together. Salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each)

I like to make an assembly line:
All ready to assemble!
Then I lay out the noodle and add one spoonful of meat, spreading it out the length but leaving the ends a little empty to help roll nicely.  Then I add a dollop of cheese mixture on top spreading it out as well.
One noodle, spoonful of meat and then cheese
Add a thin coat of the sauce on the bottom of the pan to prevent the rolls from sticking.  I lay the roll seam side down in the pan to prevent it from opening!
All rolled up!
 I evenly distribute the meat and cheese among all the noodles.  At one point you will feel like you have too much or too little but don't worry, it works out!
I fit all twelve in one pan!
Lastly I sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top and put uncovered in the oven for about 30 minutes until it's hot and bubbly.
Ready for the Oven!
 Someone likes to help in the kitchen because she gets all the droppings!
My little sous chef Layla
Fresh out of the oven!
These are great to freeze as well since they are basically already and individual serving size!

Nutrition: 246 Calories | 9g Fat | 25g Carbs | 15g Protein

I used whole fat Ricotta because the brand was local ( I like to support locally!!) and they didn't have skim but that would reduce some calories and fat! Next time I'll try it out and let ya know :D

No comments:

Post a Comment