Tuesday, December 5, 2017

3rd Day of Advent: Jesus is the Vine


"I am the vine; you are the branches.  If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing"
John 15:5

Jesus is the Vine, the main life source.  We cannot bear Fruit of the Spirit unless we get our life source from The Vine.  I have been so desperate in producing the Fruit of the Spirit lately, but I need to remember that I cannot bear fruit of my own. It’s the Fruit of the Spirit, not Amanda. I am not the one producing the fruit but He is producing the fruit through me. I need to remain in the Vine, connected to Him, to bear fruit.  I have recently learned more about the Fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians 5:22-23: love, joy, peace patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Paul says fruit, not fruits meaning that they all come in together, like a bunch of grapes.  Also it takes time and it is inevitable.  

The opposite of the fruit of the Spirit is fruit for death if we remain in our sin.  Destruction, jealousy, envy, immorality, and manyyyy more are those fruit. There is no joy, peace, or love.  Which type of fruit do you want to produce?  What do you need to change in your life so that you are going to the Vine daily for support and life supply? 

Remember it might take time for the Fruit of the Spirit to shine through but have hope, IF the Holy Spirit dwells in you, He is working and the Fruit will be seen at some point!! 

With His Love,
A     

No comments:

Post a Comment