Sunday, November 27, 2016

1st Sunday of Advent 2016


"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6
Peace was my "word of the year".  I struggle with anxiety and only when I rely on Jesus, do I have peace in my soul.  Jesus is my Prince of Peace.  He can bring a Peace into your life that is unlike anything of this world.  The Peace that Jesus offers you is amazing.  You can be free of your sins and the guilt that follows them.  You can be free of addictions and worship of idols.  You can be free of anxiety and worry (I'm working on this one!).  You can be free of so many things if you let Jesus take over your life.  When you are rooted and have Jesus as your Foundation, then Peace will enter your life.
I think the greatest Peace is that our life is already in the hands of God.  He knows everything that will happen.  We just need to be still and listen to Him.  That's how I have experienced Peace in my life.  Giving control to God (who ultimately has it in the first place!). When I give to Him what is rightfully His, then Peace follows.  

Peace is something we all desperately need at all times of the year but especially now.  We are rushing around not savoring the meaning of this season: the celebration of God's gift to us.  We have received the most important gift of all: Salvation!!  Jesus came down to save us, why do we overlook this fact every year?  What is robing you of your peace?  Jesus is the Prince of Peace.  His peace can be never taken away from us.  When we feel robbed of peace, that is the false imitation of worldly peace that we feel gone. 

This is one attribute that I continuously praise Jesus for this season, but I don't feel very at peace but quite the opposite.  Daily I need to exchange my version of peace for Jesus' True Peace.  How are you incorporating more peace into your life?  Is Jesus your Prince of Peace?
In His Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment